I am thankful for:
- my unflappable domestic partner Kurt, who over the last several months proved he is as great a caretaker as he is a drinking buddy and life mate.
- our family and friends, who provide constant love, support, witty zingers, entertaining anecdotes, and high-fives, bro.
- Kurt finally caving in and letting us adopt a dog. We’re now the proud parents of a canine headcase named River. She is adorable, neurotic, smelly, intermittently riddled with worms, and I absolutely love her.
- my health. In the grand scheme of things, a bum knee is far from the worst thing to deal with.
- a short work week and an excuse to gorge myself on pumpkin pie.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!